If you are interested in employment opportunities with MEM, please e-mail your resumé to email@example.com. MEM offers a comprehensive and competitive benefit package.
Employment is contingent upon successfully passing a drug test. MEM is an at-will, equal opportunity employer. If you have questions or need individual accommodations, please contact our Human Resources Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573.499.9714.
Premium Consultation AssociateFull-Time-Springfield
This is an entry level professional position which under direction, performs premium audits on policyholders as assigned to ensured correct premium exposures are captured.
A bachelor’s degree preferably in accounting, finance, or business management and/or other degreed program. If degreed program does not have a strong accounting background, applicant must be willing to pursue courses related to accounting or insurance field as needed.
Zero to three years of professional level work experience in the area of auditing workers’ compensation.
Underwriting Team ManagerFull-Time-St. Louis
This position provides a full range of Underwriting support for an identified Underwriting Team, develops and oversees Underwriting staff. Areas of responsibility include oversight of new policy issues and quotes, assistance with referrals and questions outside of the Underwriters’ authority or expertise, and workflow monitoring and maintenance. Key priorities include developing, implementing and monitoring Underwriting guidelines and business goals. Developing and maintaining successful agency relationships and working in partnership with the Business Development Manager to achieve all Underwriting Team goals and objectives. Exercise discretion and apply sound and independent judgment and decision making regarding business and company goals, all under the guidance and direction of the Director of Underwriting.
A Bachelors Degree in Business Administration, Insurance, Finance or a directly related field is required.
Minimum of seven years’ experience in Underwriting is required, with emphasis in property and casualty experience preferred.
The Enterprise Architecture balances business and technology capabilities to provide input to the vision, strategy and architecture plans that enable MEM to reach its transformational objectives.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business Management, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in cross-discipline IT solution architecture, development and delivery.
- Experience working with both business and IT to create strategy or solutions.
- Proven experience in designing and developing multi-tiered enterprise systems.
- Understanding of Enterprise Architecture frameworks (e.g., TOGAF, Zachmann, DODAF, etc.).
- Experience and training in organizational change management is desired.
- Insurance specific experience desired.
Senior Claims Representative - SubrogationFull-Time-St. Louis
This is a professional claims position within the Technical Services Unit. Core responsibilities include the investigation, negotiation, and resolution of third party settlements to maximize recoveries on behalf of MEM and its policyholders. Must be able to work independently, with minimal supervision, and within assigned authority.
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Prefer minimum of five (5) years of related and progressively responsible experience.
- Must have a strong background managing complex claims, coverage issues and high exposures with minimal supervision.
- Must have strong claim technical and analytical skills.
- Prefer a solid commercial liability claims background with extensive experience managing civil litigation.
- Must have experience with workers compensation subrogation and be familiar with multi-state subrogation laws.
Safety and Risk AssociateFull-Time-Columbia
This is an entry level professional position, under direction performs safety and risk control services for policyholders, producers, Underwriting and other internal/external constituencies.
A bachelor’s degree in industrial safety, engineering, related safety field and/or other degreed program. If the degreed program is not safety related the individual must be willing to pursue a safety related Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree to be considered for this position.
Zero to three years of professional level work experience in the area of safety or industrial hygiene.
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
The Systems Administrator’s role is to implement strategies for and administer MEM’s Windows\Linux systems and networking. Support functions include assisting with planning and design, installation, configuring, maintenance, control, optimizing, and diagnosis and repair of these systems. In addition, the position will provide support for implementing departmental tactics and corporate projects that support MEM’s Strategic Business Plan. This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments, with limited supervision.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field or a comparable combination of education and experience is required.
Four years experience in computer or related industry that includes short-range planning, systems administration, and diagnosis and repair responsibilities; prior experience with medium to large enterprise environments that include multiple site locations.
Project Manager (Exceptional candidates will be considered for a senior level role)Full-Time-Columbia
PRIMARY OBJECTIVE OF POSITION
The role of the Project Manager is to plan, execute, and finalize large systems projects according to approved deadlines and within budget. This includes acquiring resources and coordinating the efforts of team members and third-party contractors or consultants in order to deliver projects according to plan. The Project Manager will also define the project’s objectives and oversee quality control throughout the project’s life cycle.
College diploma or university degree in the field of business administration, computer science, project management, accounting or management information systems or eight years experience in systems project management required.
- Four to seven years systems project management required.
- Property and casualty insurance experience a plus.
- Experience managing projects using a scrum/agile framework preferred.
- Experience implementing a PPM tool preferred.
- Strong preference for experience in Agile Methodologies.