Slips, trips and falls are part of everyday life sometimes even seem funny. They are also the No. 1 cause of workplace injuries, with costs averaging $47,696 per lost-time claim. Unfortunately, these injuries often result in pain and suffering for your employees, as well as significant workers compensation costs for your business. This makes slips, trips and falls not so funny, but they are preventable.
At Missouri Employers Mutual, we are passionate about preventing workplace injuries, so we created a Slip, Trip and Fall Program to help businesses implement control measures that minimize these claims. Some of our valuable industry resources include:
- Safety posters that help keep important safety tips top of mind.
- Tool box talks that help you deliver a focused, consistent safety message in a short amount of time.
- Program development guides that help you create an effective safety program.
- Safety calendars that suggest ways you routinely integrate safety into the workplace.
We also offer industry specific slip, trip and fall resources for:
Put them to work for you by:
- Establishing a training schedule and best practices that focus on seasonal, as well as everyday slip, trip and fall exposures.
- Conducting periodic surveys of your facilities in areas likely to produce slip, trip and fall injuries.
- Placing posters in high traffic areas that promote safe behavior and increase hazard awareness.
Don’t slip on safety in your workplace. Protect your employees and your bottom line by putting your program in place today.